Lawn Mower Repair Lift Reviews
Riding lawn mowers are tremendous time saving pieces of equipment. If you have to mow more than the smallest of lawns a riding mower turns a back breaking labor into an almost enjoyable spin around the yard.
But while riding mowers are much easier to use than push mowers, they are much harder to properly clean and maintain. Accessing the underside of a push mower to clean clogged grass or change the blades is relatively easy. But the larger engines and transmissions on riding mowers make them much heavier. Certainly they don’t require a major tool like a car lift to work on them. But to properly lift them up for maintenance – without breaking your back – you need a lawn mower repair lift.
There are a variety of models of mower lift available, each with various strengths and weaknesses. So we decided to review the top models, to help you make an informed decision before you buy one.
Mower Lift Quick Comparison Chart
Click the buttons above for detailed information about each unit, or read on for our review of each of the top 3 Lawn Mower Repair Lifts.
The first thing you will notice about the Dragway Tools lift is how big it is. The large platform is 55.5 inches wide by 115.5 inches long, providing ample space to work on any size mower. The platform was well designed with two extensions that increase the working space, but also are removable to make it easier to work on smaller sized machines. The lift is powered by a heavy duty foot pump that allows for easy raising and lowering of the platform.
So far the Dragway Tools mower lift has only received positive reviews. People who used the product mentioned that it was “well built” and “better than expected for the money.” If you are looking for the best lawn mower lift on the market and have the budget for it, this is the one for you. Overall the Dragway Tools 1500 LB Air Hydraulic Lift is an excellent product, and it can be had at a reasonable price.
The Mojack differs from the Dragway Tools lift in that it doesn’t lift the entire mower into the air. Instead, it lifts up one set of wheels so you have access to underneath the mower. The other way that it differs from the other lift is that it is hand-powered. The mower wheels can be raised or lowered by a crank that is hand-turned, or even with a powered drill. The weight limit is 450 pounds so it should be able to handle just about any mower.
Not only does the MoJack EZ Max Mower Lift have great reviews, it has tons of them. Since the debut of the lift, it has received over 200 five star reviews. Testers of the product said things like “this jack is everything it claimed to be and more” and “very nice jack for the money”. The MoJack Mower Lift is an excellent product, and the low price makes it even more attractive.
- 🌟 Zero-Turn Mower Lift for Easy and Safe Lawn Care: Elevate your lawn care game with the EZ Max zero-turn mower lift, designed to make lifting and maintaining zero-turn radius mowers a stress-free experience. Say goodbye to the hassle and potential hazards of lifting heavy machinery manually.
- 🔧 Effortless Assembly and Space-Saving Design: Our product is not only a performance powerhouse but also incredibly user-friendly. Discover how its quick and simple assembly process ensures you spend less time setting up and more time tending to your lawn. Furthermore, its space-saving design means you can store it with ease, even in tight spaces.
- 🌿 Exceptional Maintenance Solutions: Explore the comprehensive maintenance capabilities of the EZ Max. It's your trusty companion for various tasks, including quick repairs, precise blade sharpening, belt replacement, and efficient debris removal. Simplify your lawn care routine with this versatile tool.
- 🚜 Versatile Compatibility for Tractors and Mowers: Find out why MoJack lifts are the preferred choice for discerning users. Our product is engineered to accommodate a wide range of residential tractors and ZTR mowers, making it a safer and more convenient option compared to traditional car ramps. Ensure the longevity and efficiency of your machineryFITS MOST TRACTORS & MOWERS: fits most residential tractors and ZTR mowers. MoJack lifts are safer and more convenient to use than car ramps.
- 📦 Detailed Product Specifications: Delve into the finer details of our product, such as its striking red color, impressive 450lbs. lifting capacity, manageable 64.8lbs. weight, and the overall dimensions measuring 38” x 45” x 48”. These specifics paint a clearer picture of the capabilities and dimensions of this invaluable tool for lawn care enthusiasts.
The Pro-Lift is very similar in design to the Mojack lift. Instead of lifting the entire mower in the air, it is designed to just lift two wheels, providing access to the blades. The big difference between the two is the mechanism by which the lift is powered. Although they are both manually powered, the Pro-Lift is raised up by a foot pedal. Max weight capacity for this lift is 350 pounds.
The lift has a maximum height of 23 inches off the ground, which is plenty to perform regular maintenance on your mower. Many features are included with this product such as the adjustable arms that can be positioned to hold just about any mower. In addition, the platforms are rubber padded to prevent damage to your mower.
While still well-rated, the Pro-Lift does not receive as many good reviews as the other two lifts in this review. In general, most customers were happy with their purchase, but some were not impressed with the quality. But the ridiculously low price makes up for the lower quality.
- Safety lock for safely supporting the load
- Rubber padded platform to prevent scratching and to protect your machine
- Non-slip foot pedal allows effortless lifting the load
- Easily maneuverable and adjustable for a wide variety of machine
What Are Lawn Mower Lifts?
When you need to service a push lawn mower, accessing its parts is as easy as turning it over on its side and getting to work. Now, if you try that same technique with a riding lawn mower or a zero turn mower, you could really hurt yourself. These machines are heavy. They weigh hundreds of pounds and require much more than a little elbow grease to get them accessible for servicing at home.
For this purpose, a lawn mower lift will do the work for you. These tools are an investment into the ability to do your own repairs on your equipment, eliminating the need and cost of bringing them into a repair shop. They allow the user to elevate the mower for easy access to all its otherwise unreachable parts.
Are Lawn Mower Lifts Necessary?
While some people may insist that it’s just as easy to use cement blocks, car ramps or even other kinds of lifts to work on a lawn mower, the safest and easiest way to elevate a mower for repairs is by using an actual lawn mower lift.
These durable tools are made to fit large mower models that are too heavy to lift by hand. They lift using a hydraulic unit and a simple handle. This eliminates the need for manpower and does the heavy lifting for you.
How Mower Lifts Work
While all mower lifts are slightly different, they all have the same basic components and get the same job done.
Most will either have a pumping or cranking handle or a lift pedal used to activate the hydraulic unit that lifts the mower. Oftentimes they have wheels that can lock in place so the lift can be stored and brought out whenever needed.
First the mower will be moved onto the lift and the wheels locked in place. Some lifts come with safety straps that can be used to further guarantee the vehicle’s safety while on the lift. Once secured in place, use the handle or pedal to manually lift up the mower. When the desired elevation is reached and the underside of the mower is accessible, it’s time to lock the mower in place to finally secure its placement while you work. There will usually be locks or pins to make this happen.
Once finished servicing, essentially the same steps are followed in reverse to lower the mower and remove it from the lift. It’s as easy as that! If you’re well versed in mechanics, you can save a lot of money by simply buying your own lift and working on repairs at home.
Here is a YouTube video showing how the MoJack lift works:
Different Kinds of Mower Lifts
There are different kinds of lifts for the different kinds of lawn mowers on the market, and determining which one to use requires knowing the weight of the mower. A push mower usually weighs about 100 pounds. A riding mower is anywhere from 300 to 500 pounds, with a zero turn mower at the high end of that range.
Lifts are usually classified by their lifting power. It’s important to be sure that whichever lift you purchase has a lifting range that exceeds your machine’s weight, just to be safe. A larger riding mower or a zero-turn mower (ZTR) will require durable lifts that can take on heavy loads, anywhere from 500 to 750 pounds.
Be sure to double check the lifting capacity and match it with the mower you have to ensure an easy and safe lift and repair.
If you are in need of a jack for a motorcycle instead of a mower, check out our list of the best motorcycle lifts for Harleys.